July 8, 2019 2:39 pm
It is time for your gynecological (GYN) annual exam.
Can I put that off to next year?
Do I have to have to be checked yearly?
Why do I have to come if my pap smear is up to date?
We get these questions all of the time! It is so important to be seen by your gynecologist at least once a year, even with your pap smear up to date and no longer need contraception.
What is the benefit of going in?
- Annual clinical breast exams help detect breast cancers.
- Annual pelvic exams aid in cancer detection, pain concerns, and identification of concerning symptoms.
- Safe and open space for discussing things such as hormones, sexual health, domestic health, etc.
- Ensuring preventative screening is up to date.
- Contraception, or lack thereof, can be prescribed, adjusted, or refilled.
- IUD strings are checked and bleeding profile reviewed.
- Referrals made for concerning signs or symptoms can be made.
When push comes to shove, it’s worth it to come in! But, the best thing about coming in annually is getting to see us!!! 😊
Scheduling your appointment is easy! Give us a call today!